When and how?
The Vevey International Photography Award takes place every odd year, alternately with the Festival Images.
Online application from January 12th at noon to March 9th : CLOSED
The Jury will take place in May 22-24 in Vevey
The five-stage process of the Vevey International Photography Award 2015/2016
1. The applicants fill the online form until March 9 and pay the 50 € / CHF fee. The rules are available on the dedicated page
2. At the end of this first stage, a pre-jury nominates 100 projects
3. The 100 nominated artists send their file by post
4. The Jury chooses the winning project end of April
5. The winner has a year to complete his project and present it at the Festival Images in 2016
Open to all artists, professional and student photographers, the Vevey International Photo Award grants the winner the indivisible sum of 40,000 CHF (approx. €33,000) for the development, achievement and presentation of a project during the following Festival Images. All award participants are automatically entered for the other prizes: the Leica prize – reportage, the Broncolor prize – light, the Nestlé project. Other prizes and honours are possible depending on the partnerships established by the organisers of Festival Images at the time of the competition. All of the Award participants may be offered an exhibition at the Espace Quai1 in Vevey and/or as part of the following Festival Images, regardless of the choices of the Awards jury.
The jury composed of art professionals is responsible for electing the winner. The organisers are not part of this jury. The composition of the jury will be announced shortly